The Royal Society Te Apārangi is a scientific organization that promotes the advancement of science and technology in New Zealand. The Society has a long history of supporting data science research and education.
In recent years, the Society has made a concerted effort to promote the use of data science for the public good. The Society has developed a number of initiatives to help New Zealanders understand and use data science, including:
- The Data Science for New Zealand website, which provides resources and information on data science for the public
- The Data Science for Good Challenge, which encourages New Zealanders to use data science to solve real-world problems
- The Data Science for Public Policy workshop series, which provides training for New Zealand policymakers on how to use data science
The Royal Society Te Apārangi’s work on data science is making a real difference in New Zealand. The Society’s initiatives are helping to raise awareness of data science, and they are providing New Zealanders with the skills they need to use data science to solve real-world problems.
The Royal Society Te Apārangi is a valuable member of the World Data System community. It is a leader in the field of data science, and its work is making a real difference in the world.
Here are some of the Society’s accomplishments:
- Developed the Data Science for New Zealand website
- Launched the Data Science for Good Challenge
- Organized the Data Science for Public Policy workshop series
- Published a number of reports on the use of data science in New Zealand
The Royal Society Te Apārangi is committed to using data science to make a positive impact on New Zealand society. The Society’s work is helping to ensure that data science is used for the public good, and it is helping to make New Zealand a more data-driven nation.